How We Win
Our union’s structure aims to engage every member. The more members get involved in the union, the more power we have.
2. OUR ALLIES
We are a self-sustaining, not-for-profit organization, whose operating budget comes from dues set by the members of our Union. Our independence enables us to provide resources to negotiate and advocate effectively with our employer and to develop programs that reflect members’ needs.
Activities funded by our dues include:
- Organizing to engage members on important issues
- Training & support for stewards
- Contract negotiations, such as for healthcare & wages
- Communications like newsletters & contract education
- Legal services & national support
Members receive reports on our Union’s finances at quarterly membership meetings.